- Participates in and enhances the shared governance structure at the college and
- Provides classified representation on college and district task forces, committees,
and other groups;
- Provides a centralized means of communication between classified professionals and
the college community;
- Articulates the professionalism of classified professionals so that it is properly
recognized and valued;
- Provides an opportunity to develop individual leadership among classified
professionals as well as increase the professional standards of its members;
- Represents the various needs, concerns, and viewpoints of classified professionals
non-collective bargaining matters;
- Makes recommendations to college and district administration on the following
academic and professional matters (Senate 9+1):
- Standards, policies, and procedures regarding student support and success, as related to classified professional roles.
- College and district governance structures, as related to classified professional roles.
- Standards, policies, and procedures regarding implementation and integration of technology systems, as related to classified professional roles.
- Professional development policies and activities.
- Processes for program review, as related to classified professional roles.
- Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
- Classified professional roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
- Classified professional roles and involvement in program planning, development, and staffing.
- Classified professional roles and involvement in facilities planning and development.
- Any other district or college policy, procedure, or related matters that have or will have a significant effect on classified professionals.
- October 20, 2023
- November 17, 2023
- December 15, 2023
- January 19, 2024
- February 23, 2024
- March 22, 2024
- April 19, 2024
- May 17, 2024
- June 20, 2024
- Winter Appreciation Event, December 15, 2023
- Classified Leadership Institute (CLI), June 5-7, 2024
- Classified Appreciaiton Week, June 24-27, 2024
- Governing Council Retreat, July 25, 2024